Title: Front End Developer
Location: New York, NY
Experience: 5-7 Years Professional Experience Preferred
Accordant Media is a programmatic media company that combines strategy, technology and execution to optimize exchange-traded media for advertisers and agencies. Started by leaders from Avenue A | Razorfish, Aegis Media, Akamai Technologies and DoubleClick, we are a fast-growing startup in the heart of New York’s Flatiron neighborhood, and driven to build the most sophisticated, data-driven media optimization company in the word. We help our customers deliver more relevant, targeted messages, reducing waste, and creating stronger return on ad spend. We are looking for smart, talented, committed individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and build a career in digital media.
The Front End Developer works in the Engineering team and extends Accordant Media’s capabilities in the display media, mobile and video advertising ecosystem. He/She will enhance the RTB & Big Data Infrastructure; work in popular Cloud infrastructures with cutting edge technologies including Java/Scala/Erlang, Hive/Hadoop, NoSQL, Low Latency systems. The engineer will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of enterprise scalable software with the highest quality.
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience developing software with Java, C and or Python
- Experience in functional programming with Scala, Erlang, LISP or Haskell
- Experience with Hadoop/Spark, HIVE/Shark, Low Latency NoSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Extensive working knowledge of Unix Systems and scripting
- Experience using AWS or similar cloud stack
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Expertise in Distributed Data Systems/Big Data and Online Advertising
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EMR, S3, EC2, SNS, SES) a Huge Plus
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to translate business questions and needs into technical projects and specifications
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present technical data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences
To be considered for this position, please include a brief cover letter and either a MS Word, or PDF resume via an email to email@example.com. The subject line should contain the text “Front End Developer“.
This position is full-time in New York City. We are located in the Flatiron District. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or have secured appropriate work visas. Candidates must also be within daily commuting distance of Manhattan or willing to relocate.
Direct candidate applications only. Absolutely no employment nor outsource agency submissions please.