The Software Engineer will work in the Engineering team and extend Accordant Media’s capabilities in the display media, mobile and video advertising ecosystem.
He or she will enhance the RTB & Big Data Infrastructure; work in popular Cloud infrastructures with cutting edge technologies including Java/Scala/Erlang, Hive/Hadoop, NoSQL, Low Latency systems. The engineer will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of enterprise scalable software with the highest quality.
• 3-5 years of software development experience
• Experience developing software with Java, C and or Python
• Experience in functional programming with Scala, Erlang, LISP or Haskell
• Experience with Hadoop/Spark, HIVE/Shark, Low Latency NoSQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
• Extensive working knowledge of Unix Systems and scripting
• Experience using AWS or similar cloud stack
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
• Expertise in Distributed Data Systems/Big Data and Online Advertising
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (EMR, S3, EC2, SNS, SES) a huge plus
• Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Ability to translate business questions and needs into technical projects and specifications
• Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present technical data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences
To be considered for this position, please include a brief cover letter and either a MS Word, or PDF resume via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should contain the text ”Software Engineer.”
This position is full-time in New York City. We are located in the Flatiron district. Candidates must be US citizens or have secured appropriate work visas. Candidates must also be within daily commuting distance of Manhattan or willing to relocate.
Direct candidate applications only. Absolutely no employment nor outsource agency submissions please.
New York, NY
3-5 years professional experience preferred