Title: Director of Trading Strategies
Experience: 8+ Years Professional Experience, with 4+ Years Industry Experience Required
Accordant is seeking exceptional Director candidates with experience in digital media optimization (supply or demand side), data enabled problem solving, and excellent account servicing. The ideal Director of Trading Strategies candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and can operate independently at a senior level to enhance the operational success of our clients’ campaigns. She/he is expected to employ and continually define state of the art techniques in online advertising through a thorough understanding of digital technologies and a passion for creative problem solving grounded in data. Directors of Trading Strategies report to the VP, Optimization.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities
- Expert user of programmatic technologies including, third party ad servers, ad exchanges, and data management platforms
- Understand client performance objectives and help develop successful segmentation and optimization strategies to exceed client expectations
- Assume accountability and ownership for operational successes and failures in client media performance of team campaigns
- Assist campaign managers by helping with complex campaign setups and identify and deliver new programmatic solutions
- Work closely with Account Directors to develop and deliver strategic insights to cultivate long term execution plans from client’s business objections and implement them
- Identify client growth opportunities and successfully sell them into clients
- Help educate clients on Programmatic Media Buying and communicate how Accordant’s service offerings affect their business
- Serve as a point of escalation for campaign, strategic, serve as point of escalation for campaign and strategic items related to media optimization practices
- Mentor Senior Analysts, Analysts, and facilitate each team member’s development
- Train team members and others on trading best practices
- Collaborate with other departments (Product, Platform, and Analytics) to enhance existing programmatic technology platforms and processes
- Help with managing relationships with data and media partners
- BS / BA, Masters a plus
- At least 4 years of experience in advertising, marketing, management consulting, finance, or relevant professional services field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in online advertising either in account management, campaign management, or yield optimization at a leading online ad network, ad exchange, agency, DSP (demand-side platform or agency trading desk) or programmatic buyer
- Understanding of RTB and exchange-based media buying
- Experience with advanced digital Ad Serving technology
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to organize and manage detail work, as well as work independently and balance multiple tasks
- Hands-on experience with media optimization or yield optimization through a bid management platform like a DSP, SSP, or a Paid Search platform
- Knowledge of the programmatic media business and underlying internet technologies
- Strong analytical skills: must be comfortable working with and presenting sophisticated metrics and analyses up to the executive level, utilizing MS Excel and PowerPoint
- A dynamic, self-motivated, high-energy team player who can wear many hats to get the job done
- Excellent listening, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, and fun entrepreneurial environment
To be considered for this position, please include a brief cover letter and either a MS Word, or PDF resume via an email to email@example.com. The subject line should contain the text “Trading Director (Chicago)”.
This position is full-time in Chicago. We are located at 73 West Monroe, Ste 301 Chicago, IL 60603 . Candidates must be U.S. citizens or have secured appropriate work visas. Candidates must also be within daily commuting distance of Chicago or willing to relocate.
Direct candidate applications only. Absolutely no employment nor outsource agency submissions please.