Title: VP/Director, Sales
Experience: 4-6 years professional sales experience; 2+ digital media/online
Accordant Media is a specialized, independent media buying and optimization company that integrates strategy, technology and execution to help agencies and direct marketers succeed in exchange-traded media and audience targeting. We are building innovative solutions in a new era of marketing where micro-segmentation, audience insight, data management and dynamic ad pricing will dominate a large segment of the media landscape. Started by leaders from Avenue A | Razorfish (aQuantive / Publicis), Aegis Media, Akamai Technologies and DoubleClick, we are growing rapidly, helping advertisers deliver more relevant, targeted messages, reducing waste, and creating stronger cross-media results.
This is a senior individual contributor role, and is a critical hire for our growing team. The Sales VP / Director will be responsible for all direct sales tasks including prospecting, qualifying, proposal development, and closing, supported by a Sales Associate. The position reports directly to the CRO and will have an expansive territory to cover.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities
- Generate revenue.
- Communicate Accordant Media’s unique value proposition to agencies and direct clients through outbound calls, emails and professional networking.
- Effectively manage territory: prospecting, scheduling meetings, proposal development, closing, and up-selling.
- Develop and maintain strong active relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Collaborate with executive team to establish revenue goals; meet or exceed these goals
- Understand agency, advertiser, data and vendor landscapes and trends, reporting these to the organization; who are the major players, how do they buy, from whom; what are the macro and micro forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction?
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the industry and of the biddable media marketplace —past, present, and future
- Other responsibilities, as may be required, such as: conference/industry event attendance, speaking and blogging activities representing Accordant Media
Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales (preferably ad networks, “DSPs”, ad-serving, data, exchanges, or SEM)
- Knowledge of the online media business and underlying technology and research.
- Experience with advertising agencies a big plus.
- Excellent consultative sales skills including the ability to create and build relationships.
- Must be customer-focused self starter with a high level of initiative, flexibility, attention to detail and overall organization
- New business hunter mentality with competitive drive and upbeat attitude
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills; sense of humor a requirement
- Must be able to travel 10 – 20% of the time (some overnights required)
To be considered for this position, please include a brief cover letter and either a MS Word, or PDF resume via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should contain the text “Sales VP/Director“.
This position is full-time in San Francisco. Candidates must be US citizens or have secured appropriate work visas. Candidates must also be within daily commuting distance of San Francisco or willing to relocate.
Direct candidate applications only. Absolutely no employment nor outsource agency submissions please.