Accordant Media identified a pattern for an e-Services client whereby heavy rainfall was highly correlated with sales volume and ROI-positive sales. Accordant sought to exploit this insight programmatically to optimize digital campaigns around real-time weather patterns.
- Developed a custom data feed to import live weather information from NOAA across client-defined markets
- Automated our bidding algorithm to vary bid and budget pacing based on real-time weather conditions.
- The campaign responded in real-time to changes in weather conditions, ramping spending and bidding aggressively as precipitation increased in they target markets.
- Cost-per-sale decreased by 20% after implementing the weather-targeting campaign
- Overall volume increased by nearly 40%
- Foul-weather targeting outperformed fair-weather targeting by up to 33% in three key markets nationwide